*1948-1960 as The Outrigger & 1960-1969 as Trader Vic's at the Benjamin Franklin Hotel.
This location at the Benjamin Franklin Hotel in Seattle was the second Trader Vic's, after the Oakland location. It was located at 1980 5th Avenue.
It opened in 1948 and originally it was called The Outrigger (a sub-chain within the Trader Vic's chain that lasted several years) but the name changed in 1960 to just Trader Vic's. This location stayed open until it moved its Seattle branch to the nearby brand new south cylindrical tower of the Washington Plaza Hotel (now the Westin) in 1969. The Benjamin Franklin Hotel was demolished later on 07/1980 to make way for the matching north cylindrical tower of the Washington Plaza (Westin).
The Trader Vic's at the Washington Plaza Hotel (Westin) closed in June 1991.