Opened in 1979 by Helen Yue and her husband (Cheeda).
They previously had opened Yue's Cantonese Restaurant in Gardena in 1957.
A prominent Barney West tiki sat out front of Lahani Haloha.
The restaurant was short-lived, however, and they sold the property about a year later. Helen and her husband retired in 1983 and closed their other restaurant as well.
The Lahani Haloha octagonal building went through at least one name change. One photo shows a sign out front advertising "Beach Garden" around 1980-1983.
The Barney West tiki appears to have remained for a time but was relocated to the Polynesian at some point.
Then the pier suffered a fire in 1988. Luckily the octagon building wasn't damaged but as a result of the fire, the area was getting a lot less foot traffic which hurt business. The owner of the octagon building wanted to be compensated for their losses. In the end the taxpayers ended up footing the bill and the city took ownership of the building. Over the years the building stood abandoned. There were countless ideas for what to do with the building but they couldn't agree on anything. It was referred to as Parcel 10 from this point forward in city discussions.
Probably most notably it was used as the exterior location of "The Bait Shop" in Season 2 of The O.C. television series.
In 2013, after a storm caused extensive damage, the city voted to have it demolished.
As of October 2020, a $110,000 skatepark was approved for Parcel 10.