The Andrew Jackson Hotel in downtown Nashville opened it doors on Aug. 29, 1925. It represented one of the largest and most modern structures of its kind in the entire South. The 12-story structure had 400 rooms and private baths.
It was one in a chain of Carling Dinkler family owned hotels named after Confederate war leaders. Dinkler also opened the Luau in Nashville which he sold to the Dobb's.
The Surf Rider Lounge was opened in the hotel at least as early as 1963, possibly as early as 1960 when the other Surf Rider Lounge in Montgomery, Alabama was opened by the Dinklers.
The Andrew Jackson Hotel was demolished on June 13, 1971, to make room for the Tennessee Performing Arts Center and the James K. Polk State Office Building which are currently still on site as of 2022.